There is nothing quite like cleaning up our community when the sun is shining! Champions Foundation gets to be 1 of 16 community cleanups in Tacoma in 2018 and we are so excited to gather around as volunteers to make it easy for our neighbors to clear their homes of junk and stuff to be able to drive off with a smile from being helped by a friendly face. Bring your family and friends to serve with you!
The Community Cleanup Program is partnership between the City and neighborhood groups. The program provides:
- One cleanup opportunity per year to each neighborhood. We love Summer Love time!
- Opportunity for residents and neighborhood groups to come together to take trash out of their neighborhood. We can’t wait to meet and help you!
- Dumpsters are delivered to pre-determined designated sites on cleanup day. Our parking lot will be full of dumpsters!
- Neighborhood Volunteers and City staff are on site to assist residents during drop off of materials. Serving is what we do best!
“I live on the East side, about 200 yards from the Neighborhood Cleanup held at the Champions Centre. I had a few things to dispose of, so I stopped by. It was a well-run operation, the people conducting the event, providing directions, unloading, all were extremely pleasant and helpful. Such a great overall experience, consistently pleasant and professional people, in my view, is a direct reflection of the people at the top, setting a positive tone for all.” -A Neighbor of ours, from the 2017 Tacoma Cleanup
Do you want to serve with us? Click here to come and hang with us: June 2 – Tacoma Cleanup for Summer Love
June 2, Schedule:
· 8:00 – 8:20AM – ARRIVE TIME, SIGN IN & SET UP
· 8:30am – START TIME WITH SAFETY MEETING & RALLY
· 9:00am – CLEAN UP STARTS
· 11:30am-12:30pm – LUNCH BREAK
· 2:00pm – CLEAN UP ENDS
· 3:00pm – POST-CLEAN UP ENDS
We will have light refreshments and snacks throughout the day for all volunteers. Then, plan to join us for the pizza lunch party at the Champions Centre Tacoma campus.
You can help further the cause as we make a difference in people’s lives.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!