JANUARY is Human Trafficking Awareness Month
Human Trafficking affects 36 million people globally.
It is the fastest-growing criminal industry in the world generating more than $150 billion U.S. Dollars every year.
Do you know what’s happening in your neighborhood? Raise your level of awareness and get involved!
National Human Trafficking Awareness Day is observed annually on January 11. Beginning in 2010, by Presidential Proclamation, each January has been designated National Slavery and Human Trafficking Prevention Month.
Wondering how you can get involved?
1. Check out an event below that may be happening in your area in January:
- Pierce County Coalition Against Trafficking | Salvation Army, 1110 Puget Sound Ave. Tacoma, WA – 6 pm
- Anti-trafficking Team | Published RESOURCES for Human Trafficking | Champions Foundation 1819 East 72nd Street, Tacoma, WA |Two Options: 11:30 am or 6:00 pm
*If you have any questions about the events listed above please email: email@example.com
2. Become Aware:
- Read a book on Human Trafficking
- Identify resources in your local community
- Ask people who are already involved in changing the landscape of your community, “What can I do to help?”
“When a lot of people do a little, it adds up and makes a difference.”
-Christine Caine, A21 Founder